This is a big year for me. Seniority Matters celebrates its' fifth year, and I am turning 60. Which got me thinking about a facelift. For the website, naturally.
So I’m thrilled to unveil the new Seniority Matters website, the result of what I’ve learned over the past few years from caregivers like you - users of our directory, my individual clients and the many professionals in the geriatric and caregiving world who continually share their diverse elder care experiences in peer reviewed journals, and in social media.
I have added many new features that I believe will expedite your search for the best caregiving solutions for your parents or other aging relatives and keep you informed of important issues we all face as we age. Among them:
- An expanded and much easier-to-navigate Directory of top-notch, pre screened service providers throughout south Florida. You’ll find more businesses offering lifestyle - or non-medical — services that can make life easier and satisfying for your aging parent or relative.
- A personal chat feature for those who need some help in their directory search, or can’t decide if they can do it alone. We can chat online for a few minutes or schedule telephone time for a free, fifteen-minute chat.
- “Ask Nancy” caregiving advice columns that you can search by topic such as caregiving, family relationships, or financial. There’s a good chance you’ll find one or two columns that particularly resonate with you. Sending me a question of your own is now easier too. Look for the “Ask me a Question” purple button on the home page.
- An expanded and up-to-date listing of resources that can provide the information or services that you’re looking for. It’s in this area of the website where I’ll be sharing information about activities in community and adult day care centers as well as community-based programs that can provide respite and companion care at low or no cost.
- Finally, don’t forget to check out my blog and follow me on Twitter and Facebook. These are where I share everything I learn about aging, geriatric care, trends in caregiving, and even new products and services that can enhance your parents’ life and help you, the caregiver.
As you may know, I established Seniority Matters following my own experience with aging parents. I am grateful to be doing something that I love --- sharing what I’ve learned as a caregiver and healthcare professional with families that are now in a similar situation.
My new website is designed with you in mind. I hope you find it helpful. I love hearing from you, so don't hesitate to contact me with website feedback, or questions or concerns.
I recently learned of a great book, one that could easily become a go- to reference for many patients and... Read more
The holidays are often the only time of year when the extended family gets together, and those occasions... Read more